I have been diagnosed ( ultra sound ) with a
It could be a urinary tract infection caused by the stone
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. You should not be concerned, an asymptomatic kidney stone is harmless, but you should have kidney function blood tests. A stone can also be caused by or in itself cause a urinary tract infection that can lead to the symptoms you describe. It is important to drink plenty of fluids and have a urinalysis at your convenience and possibly start with antibiotics.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
I've already had a urine analysis and it was normal. What could be causing the
swelling of the left collection system?
Please see below
I have not received a follow-up question from you prior to this one. The mild swelling is likely caused by the kidney stone that leads to a partial obstruction of the urine flow in your ureter and, much like a stone in a garden hose, leads to proximal distention and swelling
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has