I have accidentally picked up my morning pills ( ramapril
Other than making my blood pressure go really low will i be okay, is it safe to take the lyrica now and to go to sleep.
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. There is actually an interaction between ramipril and Lyrica that can increase the toxicity of both, especially from ramipril which can cause angioedema, which can cause swelling of your lips, tongue, and airway. You are still taking doses of each that are within the usual recommended dosage, so if you have been taking these medications without any problem, you are very unlikely to have any issues with the increased dose of ramipril that you took. So I would say if you can skip your lyrica dose tonight, that might be best, but if not, you should be fine and I wouldn't expect any problems. I would just check your blood pressure in the morning and if it is low, skip your doses of those medications and let your doctor know.
The interaction between the two medications does not mean you cannot take both of them at the same time, but I would just ask your doctor about this at your next appointment to make sure they are aware and have considered other options.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining