question-icon

I have a pain in my chest that is worse

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019
Question: I have a pain in my chest that is worse when I swallow something like drinking water - feels like heartburn but in a particular place like a lump.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description,it looks like Gastroesophageal Reflux disease (GERD).But,Upper GI endoscopy has to be done to exclude other problems like Hiatus Hernia,Growth in the Esophagus or Stomach etc.
If Endoscopy is normal,you can use Rabeprazole20mg/Esmoprazole40mg with Domperidone for Heart burn.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon