I have a 2 year old granddaughter .. other than

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2018 in Child Health
Question: I have a 2 year old granddaughter .. other than a recent bought of vomiting last week .. seems to be healthy .. her hair is thinning significantly .. is this something to be concerned about ?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query. I do not think that it is something concerning. However, you can feel free to give Biotin 10 mg supplement once daily. The thinning could be due to biotin deficiency and this could help. Also make sure to apply some antifungal shampoo like Nizoral twice a week and if the hair thinning is due to a fungal infection that should get resolved as well.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 8 hours later
thank you !
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:

Most welcome!

Please feel free to ask me back directly if you have any health-related query in the future.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee