question-icon

I had met with An accident on 29th November and

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2019
Question: I had met with An accident on 29th November and had
A type 5 proximal tibia fracture. Surgery was done with plates and screws put. Now after 4 weeks have taken an x Ray wanted an opinion if weight bearing or knee rotation can be done or not. Can send the images separately.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Avoid weight bearing or a knee rotation.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached X-rays. The internal fixation has been done but the healing is yet not so much so as you can bear a weight on the leg. It is best to do only a non weight bearing physiotherapy for another 4 weeks. It is best to avoid knee rotation also for another few weeks.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon