I had diahorrea 20 days back wirh slight fever for

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Tue, 19 Feb 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I had diahorrea 20 days back wirh slight fever for a day. that got cured in two days but since then I%E2%80%99m experiencing problems in stomach. Motion is light yellowish and on the side of being loose in the morning. Sometimes need to pass stool 2-3 times a day. Lots of gas formation in the morning. Hunger is less. already took a medicine course as attached. please advice.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Start probiotics and observe....

Detailed Answer:

It is not uncommon to experience bowel disturbance after a bout of infection. However you been dealing with the problem for more than 2 weeks now. In this circumstance, I will suggest to start probiotics - Enterogermina or tab vsl#3 twice or thrice daily for a few days.

The probiotics are meant to normalize intestinal commensals affected during infection and with antibiotics. They will help in improving digestion and as well as the bowel disturbance. If the problem persist despite it, you should get stool tested at a laboratory.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.