I had a mammo ultrasound done and the results came
5x3x5 mm without abnormal vascularity is indeterminate
- Birads 4 - suspicious - indeterminate 5 mm sonographic lesion in 9.00 retroareolar location. What does this mean? Should I be worried?
Further evaluation needed, don't worry
I can understand your concerns.
Following is my reply:
1) Please don't worry as this does not mean anything serious.
2) There is a small lesion in the breast which needs further evaluation.
3) This can be followed up without any invasive tests to see if it grows.
4) Otherwise, a biopsy can be performed to check what type of lesion is this.
5) Nothing major to worry about as of now.
Please let me know if you need any more assistance.
Aspiration biopsy is the best way forward.
This will tell whether the lesion is benign or malignant and the majority are benign. It is difficult to predict the exact percentage of benign versus malignant. There is no definite statistical data.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for endometriosis
- Suggest treatment for extremely painful back and pelvis due to adenomyosis
- What causes postmenopausal bleeding, severe elbow pain and ankle swelling?
- Do Duphaston and Siphene help in getting conceived?
- What causes swollen painful pubic area post full hysterectomy?
- What causes bleeding ears and pain under lower left rib cage?
- What causes lesion on labia minora with negative STD panel test?
- Does I pill taken two years ago cause irregular periods?
- Is NuvaRing an effective reversible method of birth control?
- What causes itching around labia after menstruation?