I had a mammo ultrasound done and the results came
5x3x5 mm without abnormal vascularity is indeterminate
- Birads 4 - suspicious - indeterminate 5 mm sonographic lesion in 9.00 retroareolar location. What does this mean? Should I be worried?
Further evaluation needed, don't worry
I can understand your concerns.
Following is my reply:
1) Please don't worry as this does not mean anything serious.
2) There is a small lesion in the breast which needs further evaluation.
3) This can be followed up without any invasive tests to see if it grows.
4) Otherwise, a biopsy can be performed to check what type of lesion is this.
5) Nothing major to worry about as of now.
Please let me know if you need any more assistance.
Aspiration biopsy is the best way forward.
This will tell whether the lesion is benign or malignant and the majority are benign. It is difficult to predict the exact percentage of benign versus malignant. There is no definite statistical data.
Let me know if I can assist you further.