I fell this morning after I slipped on an icy
Mild soft tissue injury likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
The injury on the left lower back that you have suffered is likely to be a soft tissue injury. This can be a small muscle tear also. A spleen rupture is less likely as it is associated with an excessive bleeding. There can be a mild bruise due to soft tissue bleeding. It is best to continue with heat and ice and rest with Tylenol. This should improve in next few days.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
DVT not likely.
Thanks for writing again.
A fall like this does not increase the risk of DVT or PE as you are doing your regular daily activities. There is no need to worry. The internal bleeding happens immediately after the injury and not after 24 hours.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?