I fell in 2007 and suffered a compression fracture to
You may be suffering from osteoporosis.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
The main causes of compression fractures is osteoporosis, the thinning of bones.
The vertebrae are less dense and then collapse. I think you may be suffering from osteoporosis that has destroyed the bone consistency and this also explain why it spread in several vertebrae.
Of course your height is shortened because five vertebraes are collapsed and lost their normal height dimensions causing a shorter body height.
I think despite the operation of fractured vertebrae you should get tested for bone density because you most probably have osteoporosis and you should treat it to prevent other fractures.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.