I dont know what to do feel lost. Been having

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I dont know what to do feel lost. Been having throat issues for 6 months. Over a 6 month period i have been to an ent, rheumatologist, hemotologist, gastro, infectious disease specialist, primary doctor, cardiologist, the dentist and the emergency room. Have had blood work, endoscopy, checked by the ent with camera, cat scan of throat, cat scan of abdomen, an echo cardiogram, oral cancer screening by the dentist, allergist, chest exray, ekg, ultrasound of gallbladder, ultrasound of thyroid, and a barium swollow test. with all the doctors i have seen and tests i have had done the only thing found was elevated white cell count which was 17, a benign cyst on my tonsil and tonsil stones, tmj, endosocpy showed mild reflux and mild inflammation in stomach, positive test for mono that the doc told me he wasnt concerned about because i have had it in the past. i do have crohnes disease and currently taking uceris. I have been on and off of amoxillin and zpack since started multiple times and a 2 week course of predisone. Nothing has worked. My tonsils are swollen and always feel like something is stuck in my throat, throat feels inflammed, have ear pain, and constantly have to clear my throat, and have difficulty swallowing. It feels hard to eat and talk and the anxiety from not knowing what is wrong is awful. please help
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tonsil stones and cyst is the problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think the pain in mouth, ear pain and difficulty swallowing comes from tonsil stones and cyst. The stones and cyst increase possibility of tonsils being infected and you use often antibiotics. You should remove tonsil stones since they are producing this symptoms.
Your ENT doctor can use either laser or courgettes to remove them. You can even consider surgery ( tonsillectomy) .
This will definitely improve symptoms.

Your elevated blood count is caused by crohn disease and tonsillitis too.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy