I continusily facing itching and fungus in my private part
Oral and topical antifungal
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Groin/ upper inner thighs are favourable sites for fungal infection. Body folds (specially deep folds) trap moisture which along with the warmth of body folds favor growth of the fungus. I suggest you to take an oral antifungal preferably Itraconazole 100mg Capsule (Cap. Ceastra XL 100mg), twice daily for 4 weeks. In addition I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g Amorolfine 0.25% cream (Fungicros cream), twice daily for 4 weeks. You may also take an oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10mg tablet once a day for symptomatic relief from itching. General measures include daily bathing, washing undergarments daily and allowing them to dry in sun for 2-3 hours, cutting finger nails short and avoiding OTC steroids like betnovate, panderm, fourderm cream etc.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body