Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

135 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I continusily facing itching and fungus in my private part

Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8299 Questions

Posted on Sun, 20 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I continusily facing itching and fungus in my private part area and thigh from last two month.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Groin/ upper inner thighs are favourable sites for fungal infection. Body folds (specially deep folds) trap moisture which along with the warmth of body folds favor growth of the fungus. I suggest you to take an oral antifungal preferably Itraconazole 100mg Capsule (Cap. Ceastra XL 100mg), twice daily for 4 weeks. In addition I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g Amorolfine 0.25% cream (Fungicros cream), twice daily for 4 weeks. You may also take an oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10mg tablet once a day for symptomatic relief from itching. General measures include daily bathing, washing undergarments daily and allowing them to dry in sun for 2-3 hours, cutting finger nails short and avoiding OTC steroids like betnovate, panderm, fourderm cream etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on