I am suffering from heavy lose motions last one day.
kindly suggest some medicine that will help immediately.
Drink water mixed with ORS.
Hello Mr Anip,
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service.
The best and most useful treatment for loose stools is rehydration, that is, drinking lots of water.
You must drink as much water as you lose through diarrhea.
Medicines are usually not required in all loose stools, and in some types of diarrhea, medicines that stop loose motions can actually cause more harm by causing the infection to increase inside the intestines and intestinal perforation.
Loperamide is such a medicine that can be taken once a day only if there is no fever or pain in the tummy associated with loose stools.
I usually do not prescribe this medicine to my patient ever.
If you have fever, or if the loose motion is too severe, then it is best to get yourself admitted in a hospital so that intravenous fluids can be given.
I hope that answers your query.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...