I am on flomax for an enlarged prostate . I

Dr. Aaron Branch

Posted on Thu, 21 Mar 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am on flomax for an enlarged prostate. I have been experiencing some of the side effects that are listed on some sites. I've also seen some legal action being taken against flomax ie: causes diabetis, cancer, etc. I also suffer from ED since using flomax. Is Cialis just as effective servicing the enlarged prostate condition? and will it help me revive my manhood. Finally, is Cialis safer than flomax?
Answered by Dr. Aaron Branch 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below, please

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch,
Thanks for using Ask a Doctor.

Flomax does often have side effects, usually lightheadedness from low blood pressure when standing. However, from what I know it does not have a significant association with diabetes or cancer. Cialis is a medication for ED, so the two medications are for two different conditions, and Cialis will not help with your prostate. Cialis can lower blood pressure and can affect the heart, so if you have any unstable heart disease, you should wait until it is stable and your doctor approves it before starting it. Also, both Cialis and Flomax lower the blood pressure, so you shouldn't take both at the same time.

As for other options for your prostate, there are other medications like Flomax, such as terazosin, doxazosin, etc. If you are trying to avoid medications like Flomax, there is another kind of medication used for prostate, such as finasteride or dutasteride, which may be a better option if you plan to use Cialis.

I hope that is helpful...
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of that and I would be glad to discuss it with you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee