I am married 5 months ago and are not thinking

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am married 5 months ago and are not thinking for family planning now. Query: I am getting my menses early from past 2 months. This month I got it after 20days of last menses and last month I got after 23days instead of my regular cycles of 30days. I would like to know if it's a sign of concern.if so, what could be the reasons behind it. I also suspect if eating papaya can be one of the reason for my early menses. please let me know if it can be so. Also please suggest on how I can get back to my regular cycles.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eating papaya could cause menstrual irregularities in some people.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Welcome to Ask a Doctor service.

Could you please clarify what you mean by you "are not thinking of family planning now", do you mean you are not planning to have children for now, or do you mean, you are actually looking to get pregnant and not trying to prevent getting pregnant?

Once in a while it is quite normal to get periods irregularly as menstrual periods are controlled by hormones, changes in lifestyle, working environments, stressful situations can all mess up the normal hormonal levels in the body and this can lead to early or delayed menstruation.

Papaya and some other fruits do contain some amount of estrogens and progestins, and can cause menstrual irregularities when consumed in excess.

What you must do now depends on whether you are trying to become pregnant or whether you are actively trying to prevent pregnancy.

Please clarify that part so that I can guide you further.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D