I am doing much better. In your prior response you

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am doing much better. In your prior response you mentioned some alternative meds that I might consider. Would you please give those meds to me again. I believe they were over the counter.
Thu, 1 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chondroitin and diacerin supplements will help.

Detailed Answer:
For knee pain caused by arthritis at your age you need supplements like Glucosamine sulphate ( which you are already taking ) along with chondriotin, MSM and Diacerin. A proper combination of all these supplements is not available over the counter. You will need proper prescriptions from your orthopedician for this. Having regular calcium and vitamin D3 supplements will also help.
Do continue with hot compress, mild pain killers, knee brace and regular physiotherapy exercises to maintain the tone of your knee muscles.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal