I am currently on cephalexin antibiotics for cystitis treatment (5
You can continue just cephalexin.
Hello and welcome in "Ask a Doctor".
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Based on your history having bacterial tonsillitis after a current treatment with cephalexin I suggest to continue just cephalexin for 5 more days because it covers very well the bacterias that usually cause infections in this area.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can HIV be contracted from biting someone on the clothing?
- Suggest treatment for fever, lack of appetite and loose stool
- Suggest treatment for persistent headache while on antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for recurrent malaria
- What does my IGG result report indicate?
- What causes lymph node swelling while treating tuberculosis?
- Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
- Suggest treatment for red bumps on the vaginal lips and inner groin area
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat and jaw pain
- Is HIV RNA test done 2 weeks post exposure conclusive?