I am a 81 yr old female suffering constant pain

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2019 in Cancer
Question: I am a 81 yr old female suffering constant pain in my spine after the removal of a meningioma that was calcified in the thoracic area. Three vertebrae were removed and two rods and four screws inserted in place. I am having pain that makes me cry sometimes. This has been going on for over 12 yrs. Wondering if CBD oil could help. I take Tramadol for pain twice a day and 600mg of Neurotin daily. Nothing is helping now.
Follow up: Dr. Monish De 7 minutes later
The tumor is non malignant....I still have a small piece in the backside of the Thoracic area..but due to my age and the necessity of possibly moving my heart over and possibly deflating a lung to access this piece of the tumor is has been left. I have an MRI annually to make sure this piece has not grown. I had 28 Radiation treatments after the partial removal on the area where the piece had to be left!
Answered by Dr. Monish De 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CBD oil and fentanyl patch

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are suffering constant pain in your spine after the removal of a meningioma CBD oil can help you

It contains cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant Cannabis sativa

It provides pain relief option for those who are looking for relief from pain and other symptoms without the mind altering effects of marijuana or certain pharmaceutical drugs

Other thing you can do to control the pain is apply fentanyl patch 5 mcg over your chest wall or front of thigh

It can control pain for 3 days after which you have to change it

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj