I am a 66-year-old woman who has been experiencing a

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sat, 26 Jan 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am a 66-year-old woman who has been experiencing a couple odd symptoms. Neither are scary, just odd. First, I have started having a nose bleed from one nostril the past couple months. They quit almost immediately. I thought at first it was because of the low humidity climate we live in, but that doesn't seem to be an adequate explanation, since we have lived here for 40 years. The second symptom is in the middle of the night the past week or so, I have been awakened by a pain around my diaphram. I don't think it has to do with digestion, but perhaps it could.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastroduodenal ulcer is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think these two symptoms can hardly relate to each other. The nose bleeding may have different causes. One option is viral infection making nasal mucosal lining week also favorized from dry air and lack of vitamin C.

Another possibility is high blood pressure.

Meanwhile, the pain near diaphragm that awaken you in middle of the night is most likely caused by gastroduodenal ulcers.

You should do a helicobacter breathing test and also a fibrescopy to determine the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T