Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

168 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I am 85 yrs of age and I have spotting

Answered by
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 3441 Questions

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: I am 85 yrs of age and I have spotting of bright red blood I was to a doctor did A Cat scan and ultra sound and my uterus has thickened 6 mil what should I do I am highly frightened what is my next step
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A colposcopy and d&c procedure is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think the next step is colposcopy. Your doctor should see if bleeding may even come from vagina or colum. The biopsy of colum uteri may be not needed if colposcopy comes normal.
A d&c procedure is because your endometrial linning is relatively thick according to your age and the material will be used for biopsy.

Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on