I am 53 and suffering from an ear infection (caused

ENT Specialist
Question
I am 53 and suffering from an ear infection (caused by water), have had several mastoid ops over the years and so usually use Sofradex to clear it up. Unfortunately I am in Thailand and Cambodia right now and none of the pharmacies here have Sofradex in stock. Is there a similar antibiotic ear drop that I could use to clear up the infection? They have lots of similar looking drugs but am nervous to try a different brand unless they are the same. So - any thoughts Doctors?
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mastoiditis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You can take ciprofloxacin plus dexamethasone ear drops .
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: I am 53 and suffering from an ear infection (caused 12 minutes later
Thank you for this Dr Aggarwal - do you mean a drug that contains BOTH ingredients? And if so, do they all contain similar amounts as Sofradex?

Do you know of any brand names or should I just look for the two ingredients listed?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mastoiditis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You can take ciplox D or cefran D or better to ask with the composition.
Thanks and regards