How to recognise implantation bleeding?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Had intercouse without protection pulled out 1 week before period and started having brown discharge 5 days before period and 4 day before it so 2 days with cramps my period start in 4 days what could this be? My period coming !?? Or implantation!?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is periods bleeding

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns about chances of pregnancy.

Following is my reply:

1) Ovulation occurs before 10 days of starting periods and hence having sex one week before periods will not lead to pregnancy.

2) It appears that her periods have started early and brown spotting you have seen is not implantation bleeding.

3) I dont see any reason for worry as there is no chance of pregnancy.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
I had brown discharge with a little bit of blood im concern with that ! Usually it never happened 3 days before my period..
Answered by Dr. Soumya 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is your periods

Detailed Answer:

This is your period only.

Don't worry about it.