What causes brown vaginal spotting during 7th week of pregnancy?

Dr. Shuba Hariprasad

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in General Health
Question: I done ivf I am 7 week pregnant I had brown spotting but my baby heart bit was there I little scared of miss miscarriage I had dupestone gestone inj and other medicines too plz help me
Answered by Dr. Shuba Hariprasad 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See your doctor asap

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I know and understand how anxious you must be.
Brown spotting sometimes occurs but need not always mean trouble.
*how old are you?
*what is your height and weight?
*how long have you been trying to have children? Is this your first pregnancy?

However, as you have done Ivf and are on supportive medications, please see your obgyn/fertility specialist right away.

I recommend :
- a scan to check for any sign of threatened abortion.
-2 consecutive beta hcg levels taken 2 days apart to check for continuing pregnancy.

If heart beat is present and growth is normal, don't worry. You may need to take bed rest or some more pregnancy support medications.

Try and relax and don't strain yourself.
Evidence of heart beat is very promising. Take rest.
See you doctor right away or talk to them at least for further advice
Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Wish you a good health and a safe pregnancy.
Warm regards,
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj