Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

How to open closed mouth due to chewing gutkhas?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1309 Questions
my name is XXXXXX iam in bangalore india How to open closed mouth due to chewing gutkhas. ... I am 25 years old, due to chewing pan masala i am unable to open my mouth properly
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 4 hours later

Thanks for the query.

It is vastly advertised now a days that eating of things like gutka is injurious for health. The first thing you will have to do is to stop consumption of such gutka or paan masala.

The inability to open mouth that is bothering you can have different reasons. The best thing will be to get examined and eradicate the cause. Stricture, extra growth internally, weakness of muscles or of lower jaw may be responsible for restricted opening.

In all these conditions ayurvedic doctors recommend a procedure called gandush. In this we recommend to fill oral cavity with such amount of oil, decoction, juice, ghee, etc... that you cannot move the fluid in your cavity. In your case sesame oil [til tail] is recommended with pinch of rock salt in it. XXXXXX warm oil offers better results.

Internally you can add one tablet daily of ras XXXXXX ras for 15 days.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wish you a healthy life

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor