Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

199 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to manage child's aversion to school?

Answered by
Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1853 Questions

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in ADHD
Question: Hi, myself XXXX. I had 6 years old daughter.She had refused to go to school and when i had asked her to go to school but he had refused and crying .upto nursery and prep she went school. but from last 6 months she was not interested to go to school.please give your feedback
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Talk to her and her teachers and friends

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
Sometimes kids refuse to go to school at this age.
There could be multiple reasons including problems at school, home, problem with teachers or her friends.
My tips
1. Talk to her in detail. You can start by having conversation while taking her to her favourite play area or movie or cartoon show.
2. Talk to her teachers about her behaviour amd attention in class and the way she socialises with others.
3. Talk to her friends at school too.
I do hope you find issues leading to school avoidance soon.
Give time.
If necessary take a short trip or break to change environment.
Wishing your daughter good health
Dr Arun

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Arun 2 hours later
I had asked to her class teacher ,vice pricipal and principal . Her class teacher was saying that she wont understand why she had open classwork book in classes and she was not open book .kindly consult the child Psychiatrist.I had also discussion with vice principal and principal also.he is also saying that kindly consult the child Psychiatrist.I had asked with her friend also ,she didnot do anything in class and kept silence in class but when her friend were come at our house, they were telling very much wife's mother and father was school teacher. She was telling that I will study at their school.
Answered by Dr. Arun 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be required

Detailed Answer:
You need to talk to your daughter like i suggested before.
If nothing helps, yes you need to consult child psychiatrist with both the parents and your child.
Proper counselling by an experienced psychiatrist will definitely do the trick.
Dr Arun.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on