How to care for a burst blister on the leg?
Use a topical antibiotic for broken skin
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
She may use a topical antibiotic e.g Mupirocin 2 %ointment, for the broken skin. Yes, she should wear support stocking till the blister heals or else it may not heal.
Regarding venous ulcer
Yes, do put a paraffin gauze dressing over the ulcer before putting the stocking. The dressing would be protective.
She should sleep with the leg end of her bed elevated slightly so as to aid venous circulation and avoid pooling of blood.
Can walk a little but always with stocking. Walking too much and keeping legs in dependent position for too long is not advisable in patients of varicose veins as it would cause gravitational venous pooling and be counterproductive.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat blisters on amputated leg
- Edema leg blister care
- Random blood blister on leg
- Large blisters on legs of diabetics
- Huge water blister on leg
- How to take care of a popped burn blister
- Small clusters of blisters on leg
- Skin blisters on lower legs
- How bust leg blister
- How to care for edema blister
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body