How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada cover me? Long-term costs?
Liver Cancer, how much does typically surgery costs in CANADA estimated range is fine? will health Canada cover me 100% if I have no insurance at all or how much they will cover? what are my long term costs in medications?please respond back as specific as possible to questions.
Thanks for the query.
Liver cancer is a very broad term. A number of procedures and surgical methods are done during the course of such illness.
If you are speaking about Liver Transplant, the estimated average cost of a liver transplant in Ontario, including follow-up costs, is $200, 000, but the range varies widely because of factors such as disease severity, infection and complications. The average length of hospital stay is 40 days including a week of Intensive care. I have taken these figures from Canadian Medical Association Journal.
I am not aware of the insurance procedures and details of it. You have to find out with the insurance team, call them up. However it takes a very long time to get a transplant through Health Canada.
Hope this partly answers your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How common is liver cancer in alcoholics
- Liver cancer how long to live
- How common is liver cancer
- Liver cancer how long before ill
- When someone with ascites with liver cancer how long do they have
- Liver cancer 4th stage how long to live
- When diagnosed with liver cancer how long
- How long will i take kemo for liver cancer
- How long will you live after a secondary liver cancer diagnosis
- How to avoid liver cancer