How long does numbness last after oral surgery?

Excellent

Question
I had general anesthesia this morning for a tooth extraction... my lower arms now (both arms) feel like I slept on them (pins and needles) NOT NUMB! I also had a D&C last April under anesthesia and experienced the same "pins and needles" in both lower arms.. is this normal? Can my body react to anesthesia this way

XXXX
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
A common side effect

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but there is no need to worry as this is a common side effect of genernal anesthesia that is expected to go away within a couple of days.. If your symptoms got worse and you are unable to move your arm then you should seek medical attention to exclude nerve damage.. I hope you find this helpful..