How long does it take to stop bleeding after taking Norethisterone?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Women's Health
Question: having taken northisterone for 10 days i started my period on the 26/12...slightly lighter but ok....since then i have been spotting daily ...is this normal & when will it stop?
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it can happen

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for the question.
When periods are manipulated with hormones like northisterone, it can take several months for the normal menstrual cycles to resume. If they do not return to normal within the next few months, then you may need to be placed on birth control pills for a few months to get them regulated.
The spotting is normal after a hormonal manipulation like that. If it becomes heavy bleeding then see your doctor to make sure you are not becoming anemic.
I wish you the best,
Dr. Robinson