How long does excessive sweating last while weaning off Zantac?

Question
I got a redness in my knuckles and mild itching from Zantac gradually more on Sat and Sun. Then Sun nite after taking my last Zantac (I’m discontinuing it) at 10pm last night I began to feel hot and sweating mildly for the next 2 hours. It went away and now I’m sweating again. How long after I stop taking Zantac May I experience this very warm / sweating symptom if it’s still a reaction to the Zantac?
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
24 hours at most

Detailed Answer:

if zantac is indeed the cause of this problem then the symptoms can be expected for up to 24-30 hours after ingestion depending on your renal function. With normally functioning kidneys the active ingredient of zantac should be out of your system within 24 hours or even less...

I hope you find my comments helpful!
kind regards!

Follow-up: How long does excessive sweating last while weaning off Zantac? 8 minutes later
I have been taking the Zantac for 5 years now. Based on that info., could I experience mild sweating for more than 24 - 30 hrs based on potential withdrawal symptoms? Is withdrawal possible with stopping Zantac? If so, can stopping taking Zantac at once cause any elevation in pulse or blood pressure? Thank you very much. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no withdrawal symptoms

Detailed Answer:

zantac does not cause any kind of addiction or tolerance so no withdrawal symptoms are expected. Since you've been taking it for so long without any problems, I doubt it's zantac that caused you this troublesome situation. Perhaps you should check for other disorders or symptoms including fever...

Kind Regards!