How long does Adrenaline stay in the body?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: How long can adrenaline stay in the body?

I have been going to bed anxious and waking up, standing up and my pulse would go to 120 then i would feel it and it would go to 155 for 10 minutes 3 days in a row. Could this be anxiety?

I took a xanex the day before bed same thing happened for 2 more days except it only went to 130 and for about 30 seconds.

does this sound like anxiety? because if this were a heart problem i dont think the xanex would have calmed this down.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Xanax needs more time to oact!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for using this panel for your health queries.

I understand you heightened concerns about a possible heart condition. No one dares think of a heart disease and stays like nothing is happening. Unfortunately, this has gotten you to levels that you have developed anxiety. This is no longer helping you but preventing you from functioning normally.

Adrenaline is present in the body at all times. When frightened, stressed, etc., the levels increase and is responsible for increased blood pressure, pulse, respiration, etc.

Xanax showed some improvement in these parameters. This is suggestive of anxiety as Xanax has no action on heart diseases. However, you need to take it a little longer for best benefits to be noticed. Continue and you would register better outcomes.

Do you want to take drugs for this condition or reassure yourself that you are good? The choice is yours!

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more clarifications if necessary.