How long do withdrawal symptoms of Viibryd last?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 24 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: i took viibyrd 10 mg for 1 week then 20mg for 1 week. then 40mg for 4 weeks. havent had any in 8 days. how long before withdrawls are done from this drug?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Withdrawal may last for 4 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns to some extent. As the information is not clear I guess you are concerned with withdrawal effects

Generally speaking Vibrid is most close to SSRI group of antidepressants for which withdrawal last for two to four weeks. The withdrawal symptoms include irritability, restlessness, muscle spasms, increased dreams among others.

Since you already crossed 8 days since last intake there is possibility of having withdrawal symptoms for another one to three weeks. It is also possible that on current day the withdrawal symptoms are diminishing in intensity as most individuals have withdrawal symptoms for one week followed by gradual reduction in intensity.

I hope this answers you.
If you mean something else or have more questions feel free to write back to me.

For continuity of care if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below-mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 17 minutes later
could it also cause anxiety. i have been trying not to take it been have been taking about .5mg of klonopin everyday or so for anxiety. worried. worried about habit forming. i hate taking meds. your thoughts please
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can cause during withdrawal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

During withdrawal period from fibroid anxiety could be one of the symptoms.

Having said this I like to make it clear that Vibrid is less likely to cause habit formation than klonopin. Vibrid can be reduced safely in gradual manner but that is not true for klonopin once there is development of tolerance and dependence.

I mean to say that if you hate taking medications vibrid is better option so there is possibility of treatment of anxiety disorder. With klonopin you can expect temporary relief but never permanent relief.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.