How long after you contract the flu are you contagious?.

Posted on Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in General Health
Question: how long after you contract the flu are you contagious?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See below Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Flu is transmitted through nasal secretions and droplets. So long as you have nasal secretions caused by a flu, you are contagious. You never really get non contagious with a flu so long as you have symptoms because the system simply contains the virus and not that any drug kills the germ. In short, as long as you have nasal congestion you are contagious. Please, always consider protecting yourself and others. The best way is to get the flu shot. Also, containing your cough and sneeze are the best way to ensure that any others are not contaminated. I wish you well.I hope you find this information useful. thank you so much for using our services and feel free to request for more information if needed. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah