Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How is testicular trauma treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hello Dr. my name is XXXXXXX About 10 days ago my left testicle got injured. They got squished hard in between my legs, I think that when they got squished the left on got pulled hard because of the force of my legs. It really hurt right away but I just thought it would feel better in a few hours. Then over the next week it smeemed to get worse and more swollen and more painful. And i can bearly walk. My left testicle is swollen and hangs alot lower then before, there is a bruise and bump on the bottom of the left one, theres also a bump on the right side of the left one. It is also very painful in between my left leg and above my tesicle and underneath my penis. It feels like one of the tubes from my testicle might have got torn or something. Is there any surgery i could have or have I waited to long already. I dont know if I should just wait and see if it gets better or its or go to the hospital right away. If that tube in their would it heal on it own or would i need to have surgery? Thanks for your time. I really appresiate it. Have a good day.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 29 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

You are wasting time, you should immediately go to the hospital / ER.

It seems that you had an injury to the testes and it can lead to testicular trauma,torsion of the testes at times causing continuous pain. You need an immediate Ultrasound or surgical intervention.

Some suggestions for you (not alternative to going to ER):
Apply ice pack to the area every 3 hours.
Wear tight supporting under garments
Avoid lifting heavy weights
Empty your bladder completely while passing urine to avoid UTI.
Take some pain killers like Ibuprofen.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up query if any
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How is testicular trauma treated ? 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for your anser. I was wondering if my symptoms sound like a torsion or if they sound like symtoms of a blow? Is there any way for me to look at it or feel it to tell if there is a torsion? Do the symptoms sould like a torsion to you? Do normal blows still hurt this long after or does that mean its something seriuse wrong like a torsion? If it is a torsion could it get better on its own or do I need to have surgery to save the testicle? Also the past day or two its gotten a little less painful could that mean it was like a blow and it will get better own its own? Or do normal blow get better within a few hours? or could a blow take days or weeks to feel better? thanks for your time.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for the follow up

It requires a proper clinical examination to rule out the cause.Since it has already been 10 days for the pain to persist it seems like it requires an intervention and in case of normal blow the pain would not have been there till now.

Kindly consider visiting to the ER at earliest.

Wishing you speedy recovery!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How is testicular trauma treated ? 1 hour later
Hi thanks for the anser. I also have severe anxiety witch makes it really hard for me to go to the hospital. If I go to the hospital do I have to ask for an ultrasound? And if it is starting to feel a little better now, should I wait a couple more days to see if it gets better? Or should go to the hospital anyway? Thanks a lot for your ansers, I appresiated it, bye
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks again

Your symptoms seem concerning to me. It needs a physical examination as soon as possible. And yes, the doctors may advice you to get the ultrasound scan done to confirm the diagnosis..

I encourage you to consult your primary care doctor as soon as possible. In the mean time, continue icing to reduce the pain and swelling.

Wish you good recovery.

Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor