How does Niacin help in treatment of Rosacea?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: What are the affects of Niacin if you have Rosacea?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Niacin might trigger Rosacea flare-ups...

Detailed Answer:

If you take Niacin at therapeutic dosage, it will cause widening of blood vessels, thus, blood circulation will be improved.

Rosecea is chronic inflammatory skin condition, characterized by face flare-ups (widening of blood vessels particularly in the face).

As you may probably understand, niacin use in therapeutic dosage would trigger face flare ups.

Hope it answered to your queries!
Let me know if I can of further help! Otherwise, do not forget to close the discussion and rate my answer!
Dr.Albana