Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How can urine obstruction be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4160 Questions
My husband has a kidney stone and visited the ER 2 days ago for pain and they did a Cat scan and said it is just below the kidney in the tube going to the bladder. He had to go in at 7:20 this morning again because of the pain. He has taken 100 oz water and 1 cup of mint tea since we got home at 9:30 am and has only been able to pass urine two times and only a total of approx 1 cup urine. What do they do when you can't pass urine?
Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A catheter is usually placed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

In case one cannot pass urine, the source of obstruction (if any), needs to be identity admit has to be bridged or remediated accordingly. Usually they put a catheter so that the urine can be passed without difficulty.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor