Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

136 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can persistent pain from a sprained neck be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 1221 Questions

Posted on Wed, 10 Oct 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor, my neck got sprained when I was sleeping and it hurts a lot and it's been 3 days now. I don't use a pillow and have put on beladonaplast. can you help?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Follow the advice. Observe how you stay after this.

Detailed Answer:


Seems like a deep sprain/injury to the area...try to avoid any kind of strenuous activities and activities which may involve in neck bending of any kind.

Apply hot-pack/warm fomentation gently over the area twice to thrice daily.

Take a mild pain-killer i.e. Tab PARACETAMOL thrice daily for next 2-3 days.

Instead of the belladonaplast, you may use Diclofenac Spray (eg. Volini spray) over the affected region three times daily for the next 48hours.

Avoid any kind of massaging, just apply it thoroughly.

Just follow all these, take rest, and observe how you stay in the due course. It should get better after this.

If despite all these, there's no improvement / any further worsening of symptoms then I'd recommend getting a quick check-up by any nearby Orthopedician for a thorough evaluation and management accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 5 hours later
thank you so much for your advice doctor
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

most welcome.

Detailed Answer:


You're most welcome XXXXXXX.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care

Dr Arnab Banerjee, Critical Care Specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on