How can pain in the knee joints be treated while on Cobadex-z?
Can be decreased joint lubricants.
At her young age, the pain in the knee is more likely to be due to stress related minor capsular inflammation rather decrease in the joint lubricants.
The mild inflammation of the knee mostly subsides by taking anti-inflammatory agents and mild painkillers like Ibuprofen.
In some cases for acute problem muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside are needed after consulting with her orthopaedician.
In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to her knee- use a knee brace.
2. Take mild painkillers like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
4. Hot compresses to her knee will be useful pain relieving measure.
She may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
5. calf and hamstring stretches can be helpful under the guidance of a physiotherapist after the acute pain subsides completely.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hit thigh knee painful how to treat it
- How to treat knee pain and swelling
- How to treat problem of knee pain
- How to treat twisted knee pain
- How can pain in thigh and knee be treated
- Medicinal value of cobadex z
- How to treat severe knee pain
- How is knee and muscle pain treated
- Fesovit and cobadex z
- How to treat sharp shooting pain in the knee