How can inflammation and pain in the lower back be treated?
I forgot to mention that my Primary health Physician thinks it could be a pinched nerve causing the pain due to the inflammation due to Arthritis
Proper medicines can help.
The main treatment of such a problem is bed rest along with painkillers and muscle relaxants.
Muscle relaxants can help with her symptoms if used in appropriate dosage in combination with a potent analgesic. You can get these prescribed from her orthopaedics.
Local analgesic gels and hot fomentation may provide a short term relief. She can use analgesic gels like Volini gel. Exercise is not advisable in times of acute pain.
Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Physiotherapy also plays a major role in treating such conditions.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How is fibromyalgia and back pain treated
- How to treat terrible lower back pain
- How to reduce lower back pain
- Discharge and back lower back pain
- How to treat back pain
- How is lipoma on the lower back treated
- How can lower back pain be treated
- How to treat upper back pain
- Lower back pain, indent in back
- How to treat dimples on lower back painful