How can burning sensations in the oesophagus be treated post bypass operation?
last week i did a bypass operation to avoid the reflux but since then i do not suffer the acids in the esophagus but still sense the old burning. is it a matter of time to feel the relief of the burnings or i will be stuck forever. thanks
Please give the procedure sometime.
It's too early to comment whether the surgery would work or not as it's only been 1 week since the procedure was performed.
PPIs like Esomeprazole/Lansoprazole should be continued for at least a month even after the surgery to relieve the symptoms of dyspepsia that you mentioned.
Adding a gastrokinetic agent like Itopride should also help. It would be better to give the procedure sometime (w.r.t the reflux symptoms and burning sensation).
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Muhammad Sareer Khalil, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...