How can I manage withdrawal symptoms of Valium?
I need to work, function, am going on job interviews, things like that.
I don't have a week to go through bento withdrawal.
Continue the routine dose now.
Thanks for the query.
Valium is the brand name of benzodiazepine drug diazepam.
Anyone who had taken Valium for more than three months may develop withdrawal symptoms on stopping or tapering the Valium. Symptoms persist for two to three weeks and then subsided. In your case the abrupt tapering might provoked withdrawal symptoms.
If the symptoms are severe better to get admitted in hospital and evaluate.
As of now no medical management is needed and only close monitoring is required. Continue your usual dose of Valium viz 15 Mg and incase of any withdrawal symptoms you can add lorazepam(Ativan) 2 Mg daily.
Consult your psychiatrist for expert opinion and tapering schedule.
In other words, can I continue taper with ativan replacing valium ? 1 mg ativan = more or less 10 mg valium, correct ? Thank you.
I find intense exercise helpful. Thank you. I can't imagine what my GP was thinking.
You can interchange the drugs
Thanks for followup.
You can take Ativan in place if Valium as both belongs to same group of drugs.
10mg Valium is almost equallent to 1mg Ativan.
You can take 2mg Ativan per day. An additional .5 Mg can be added at the night in case of withdrawal symptoms.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to ease withdrawal symptoms
- How to wean off valium safely without the withdrawal symptoms
- Zolpidem withdrawal symptoms how long
- Lorazepam withdrawal symptoms how long
- Oxycontin withdrawal symptoms how long
- Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms how long
- Celexa withdrawal symptoms how long
- Citalopram withdrawal symptoms how long
- Amitriptyline withdrawal symptoms how long
- Ambien withdrawal symptoms how long