question-icon

How can I get rid of burning sensation in the stomach until the throat?

Posted on Wed, 7 Apr 2021
Question: Hello Doctor,

I get burning sensation in stomach and till throat. I notice its happening more often nowadays and if i eat anything oily. Please suggest something.
Answered by Dr. Dr. Prasad (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
GERD...

Detailed Answer:

Burning sensation in abdomen that rises till throat is suggestive of acid reflux / GERD. It is a chronic condition associated with diet and life style. In addition to digene you will benefit with use of proton pump inhibitor + prokinetic agent like Sompraz L.

Since the symptoms are precipitated with use of oily food, it is better to restrict eating such food. Other food such as deep fried food, high spicy food also can precipitate GERD. Try and restrict it. Smoking and alcohol will also cause it. Avoid it.

Besides these, physical exercise and weight reduction will also benefit you.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Dr. Prasad