Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Hidradenitis suppurativa trouble. Anyone who can treat this, advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
am looking for some one who can treat hydradentis suppartiva which is troubling me a lot i am 16yrs girl
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Hidradenitis suppurativa is a condition which needs an expert to diagnose it

You have not provided the symptoms you are suffering from and nor the area involved

How did you come to this diagnosis?

The management is tricky and needs a lot of cooperation from the patient

Get back to me with the images of the area involved and the reply to the queries and I will do my best to help you out

Wishing you a speedy recovery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hidradenitis suppurativa trouble. Anyone who can treat this, advise? 2 hours later
i have got it examined with adermatoligst and he diagnoised it.i have been using anti biotcs since 2 yrs.there is heavy pus discharge and pain in two axila areas and groin and anal region ,sizing abt base ball size and difficuilty in walking unable to raise the hands.i have used TB drugs for 6 months. i am worried whether ther is any remedy for this disease,if yes plz help me out.i am going through different articles abt this disease,icame to know that there is no permanent treatment for this,will it reduce or not if yes within how many days.i have consulted many doctors and found no result.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later

Thanks for your followup

I can understand you anxiety, as this pathology is known to cause a level of stress which only the bearer can understand

The lesions are curable and some may regress by themselves

Larger ones that are painful and with fluctuation need to be drained by a surgeon

Keep reassuring yourself

Description of the entire treatment is out of the scope of the forum

The antibiotics should be given as per the sensitivity report from the pus of the lesions

In case the patient is toxic, the patient needs hospitalization

Yet here are few preventive tips :

Minimize heat exposure and sweating.
Lose weight if overweight.
Avoid constrictive clothing and frictional trauma.
Avoid underarm antiperspirants and deodorants (though this has not been proven to make a difference). Do not shave over the affected area.

Ultimate is managing stress levels

Hope I have replied to your satisfaction, am available for followup queries

Get Well Soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Hidradenitis suppurativa trouble. Anyone who can treat this, advise? 13 hours later
ar there an medicies or this i had public exam i was not able to write the exam bcz of pain.can u guide me to any specialist who can really solve my problem.or any medicines which can really cure my disease. if i opt to surgery will ther be 100% result.any chances of recurrence.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later

Thanks for your followup

It is really sad that you could not appear properly for your public exams

There are good medicines available to control the disease but we are not supposed to prescribe medicines online unless we examine the patient

You can search the forum or yellow pages to reach a good specialist in your area

Surgery is for lesions that are bigger painful and have fluctuation

At least the same would not reoccur

Am always available for followup queries
Get well soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor