Hi this is for de sharka I seem to have

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi this is for de sharka I seem to have gotten a pain in between my upper left chest and shoulder I guess the peck area if I take a deep breath it hurts when I am walking or engaging it hurts no other symptoms no shortness of breath I have it in the right as well but not as bad as the left I am also having a warm flash but there is no shortness of breath no pain anywhere else can this be cardiac or perhaps muscle
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are typical of a musculo-skeletal pain.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back on Ask a Doctor service"

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms are typical of a musculo-skeletal pain.

I would explain any cardiac issues, as the pain is triggered by deep breathing or body movements.

So, there is no reason to panic!

There is no need for any further tests, as I am sure that they will result normal.

I would just recommend taking acetaminophen or ibuprofen, for the pain, coupled with an antiacid or PPI in order to prevent acid reflux.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 43 minutes later
Hi thank you I seem to also have achy pain in the left shoulder and forarm which could also be caused by anything ? Not cardiac correct
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

In my opinion, it is just muscmusculoskeletal pain, probably some inflammation.

You should know that cardiac chest pain is not triggered by deep breathing or shoulder movements.

So just relax and don't worry about it!

Try to have some rest and take painkillers.

Let me know about everything!

Dr.Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 41 hours later
Hi there
Thank u for your patience I received my current colesterol and it was normal thankfully my last question is I have a constant ache in the upper chest peck and center could this be Costo ans fybro not cardiac ? Or do you think I should have it reassessed
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to the heart.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I am glad that your cholesterol and triglyceride levels are within the normal ranges!

The persistent chest pain in your chest could be related to fibromyalgia. Does it hurt if you press on that point? This would be typical of a musculo-skeletal pain.

Anyway, I don't think that there is any need for cardiac tests, as I am really sure that this kind of chest pain is not related to the heart.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me again!

Let me know about everything!

Dr. Iliri