Hi sir I am 37 yr old male. Recently I
I am 37 yr old male. Recently I have noticed drastic changes in my bowel movements. Earlier two times I daily went for bowel movement but for the last two weeks I have to go for 4 to 5 times. The stool is not pencil thin but it is too short like our little finger. I have a feeling that stomach is filled but when I go to toilet very little stool comes out. No other significant health problems are three. No blood in the stool or any other significant physical problem. I am scared about colon or rectal cancer. Expecting a better advice from you sir
You can go for a colonoscopy for reassurance.
Thanks for the query.
Most probably it will be a part of irritable bowel disorders. Colon cancer is unlikely at this age.
As of now you can take laxatives like lactulose for symptomatic relief. Include more fiber rich foods in your diet.
However you can consult a gastroenterologist and plan for a colonoscopy for reassurance.
Wishing all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?