Hi, my tweleve weeks old baby is trying to bite

Excellent

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question

my tweleve weeks old baby is trying to bite us on shoulders n neck, fingers , trying to suck n bite things she can....
I can feel kind of biting pain on my nipples during breast feeding too..she is drooling too

Can this be sign of teething? do babies teeth this early? how can i confirm this? is there anythung i should do to ease her?

born at 41 week
birthweight 3.8 kg
weight as on date 6.2kg
active baby

thanks
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely a sign of teething

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

Trying to bite, suck, putting a finger in the mouth or drooling all these can be there as signs of tooth eruption.

Teething usually starts at 5-6 months of age, but it can happen anytime between 3-12 months of age and that is considered to be normal.

Sometimes these signs can be seen well before teething and then it is a part of normal development.
The growth of the baby is also normal for age.

I won't get worried as the baby is otherwise active, taking feeds well and there are no other significant problems.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.