Hi, my kid is 3 months old. We first get

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 in Child Health
Question: Hi, my kid is 3 months old. We first get painless vaccine for him, now thinking to go for painless vaccine. Is it advisable to go or do you suggest to go for painless one this time as well? Is there any significant difference between painless and painful vaccine in terms of vaccine effectiveness..?
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No difference in effectiveness as per studies

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
It is always suggested to give vaccines of the same brand if possible as it has been seen that effectiveness may decrease if there is any change.

If due to any reason the same brand is not available other may be used. Although it is not in each and every case possibilities cannot be ruled out.

Regarding the effectiveness of painless and other vaccines, there is no difference as per different studies. The only difference is slight variation in side effects as painless vaccine is made of an acellular component.

I would suggest you to follow the same brand and type of vaccine.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee