Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
146 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hi, i have foreskin irritation/itchiness below the penile head. I

Answered by
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2013

Answered : 8451 Questions

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in General Health
Question: Hi, i have foreskin irritation/itchiness below the penile head. I have been using Combiflam for a while from a GP but the itchiness still remains. What I can do?
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably Candidiasis, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to Candidiasis or a yeast infection.

I would like to know more details about your medical condition.

Do you have any other medical condition such as diabetes?

Are you taking any medications?

Are you sexually active?

Meanwhile, I recommend using topical medications such as Mycostatine for local application.

I would also suggest to use antifungal medication such as Flucobazole 150 mg daily for three days.

Combiflam is a combination of paracetamol and ibuprofen.

It is not used to treat candidiasis so it can not be effective.

I suggest you to keep a good hygiene and wear cotton underwear.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on