question-icon

Hi i had ecg done yesterday.. it shows normal ecg

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2018
Question: Hi i had ecg done yesterday.. it shows normal ecg with low voltage complexes..
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details and the ecg report provided by you I would like to tell you that it’s a normal sinus rhythm ecg with fast heart rate.

Yes there are low voltage complexes in the ecg. If you have other symptoms like fever or breathing difficulty on exertion or chest discomfort then it’s advisable to get an echocardiography done to rule out any other underlying issue.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap (10 minutes later)
Why it happens? Earlier i had ecg done... it was normal... what is reason behind this?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
If your last ecg was normal recently and you presently you don’t have any symptoms then you just repeat an ecg again as low voltage can sometimes be due to technical issues also. But if low voltage appears again on new ecg then get an echocardiogram done to rule out other causes.

Note: Obesity is also a common cause of Lowe Voltage complex.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist