Hi doctor I am 5 weeks pregnant. Is it safe

Question
Hi doctor I am 5 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to get a bikini wax done? Like will the pulling of the hair affect the foetus?
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It need not affect your pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Greetings,

Any pain associated with waxing will not affect your pregnancy. Hope you have confirmed intrauterine pregnancy.

Hope my answer helps you
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Hi doctor I am 5 weeks pregnant. Is it safe 1 hour later
Hi doctor, I did a hcg test and the levels looked really high one of the doctors said that risk of ectopic or twins. I went for the scan and the sac was seen doctor said to go back in a month for heartbeat etc. Im having sharp pains he said it’s the foetus moving in the uterus. My last period was on the 4th of December. Does this elevated hcg indicate Down syndrome I’m worried I have attached report and scan. I am 5 weeks and 5 days

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
REPEAT SCAN AFTER 7 DAYS

Detailed Answer:
Hi
If no bleeding you can repeat SCAN after 7 to 10days to confirm heart beat.
Then only we can confirm.
HOPE MY ANSWER HELPS YOU