Hi, all of a sudden I developed itching problem around

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Valvular Heart Disease
Question: Hi, all of a sudden I developed itching problem around my calf and ankle. this is happening since 3 days. now there is a visible red patch and it not reducing. instead it's spreading. very itchy.
haven't changed water, always used washed cloths. am not able to understand the route cause
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your concern for your health but before giving my opinion I would personally like to see the rash which has developed on your legs.

Kindly take a clear shot of the page and upload that image from your dashboard so that I can review it and give my opinion accordingly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Hi Dr. thanks. I can't upload the pic in our portal. this option is not avilable. can I mail it?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can mail it on CustomerCare email id they will upload it for you or you can try uploading it from your profile dashboard.

Dr Bhanu Partap
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Am a Multiply customer and had raised a concern about rashes on the leg. You had asked for photos of the same. It's attended on this mail.

Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the feedback

Looks like a contact dermatitis. You can take the following

1. Tab Levocetrizine 5mg one tablet at bed time for 5 days
2. Apply some Vaseline thrice daily to keep it moist.
3. Apply Lobate GM cream over the rash three tome a day for 5 days.

Do not scratch.

This will help in resolution of the rash quickly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap 57 minutes later
Thanks Dr. I purchased those medicines. but just for curiosity, I don't wear such long sockets, nor do I wear tight trousers and the allergy is not in just one place. It's in multiple places and spreading. What could the cause be?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Mostly these sort of allergic rashes develop because of seasonal changes. Use the medication for 5 days but if you doesn’t feel any improvement in 3 days then I would like to suggest you to personally consult a dermatologist so that he can examine the rash proper and then prescribe accordingly.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D